About | Methodist Survey
“What is Methodism?” John Wesley asked. “Methodism, so called is the old religion, the religion of the Bible, the religion of the Primitive (early) church, the religion of the Church of England. This old religion. . . is no other than love, the love of God and all mankind.”
The title of this group is derived from John Wesley’s Survey. Or to give it its full title, A Survey of the Wisdom of God in the Creation: A Compendium of Natural Philosophy. John Wesley’s survey was for the lay preachers but certainly wasn’t confined to them. Hence this group considers all things Methodist today - local, national, global.
The original Survey was in two volumes, and covered a lot of territory particularly in the sciences. Our survey picks up those themes, although we develop natural theology and the sciences in the Genesis and Science group.
What's in this Methodist Survey?
- Through the Year with John Wesley which is a collection of 12 video pages from David Bell.
- Insights into Methodist theology from Rev Dr James Stuart
- William Morley’s History of New Zealand. High quality PDF reproduction
- Sung and Unsung Personalities in the New Zealand Methodist Church.
- The John Kinder Library out of print online church newspapers will also take you to the Outlook, the Methodist and Presbyterian newspaper in the colonial period. The original micro-fiche was converted for online resourcing at the initiative of Judith Bright at the John Kinder Library and funded by Trinity Theological College as an on-going resource initially located 6senses.nz and now in kiwiconnexion.nz
- Methodist Survey Resources Only group members can access the downloads page.
The Survey contains original research and curates many different resources in one place.