Forums | Creative Spaces

General discussion /
Creating an Easter Sacred Space in Lock down

Lavinia Elder's profile picture

02 April 2020, 12:28 PM

I have this habit of creating sacred spaces around our home which change according to the seasonal year and festival calendar. I then sometimes record them through art or photography. This is the sacred space I created yesterday for Easter. I wondered in our time of closed churches whether others may be inspired to create a special Easter corner in their homes.  I was prompted by our daughter Olivia when she shared the one she and our grandchildren had made. Olivia has continued our tradition for her young family. Both of our Easter sacred spaces are inspired by a family holiday we had in Germany, 1998 which coincided with Easter. Even the Youth Hostel had a bare branched Easter tree decorated with eggs representing the crucifixion and resurrection. You can see Olivia’s style with her light-up Happy Easter (which carries inspiring messages for the family though out the year) is way more minimal than mine! I have also included some Passover symbols. If you have or make an Easter corner I invite you too, to share a photo. Thanks and Shalom, Lavinia Easter 2020 Olivia .jpgEaster 2020  .jpg

Philip Garside's profile picture

02 April 2020, 1:11 PM

What a lovely, colourful idea Lavinia.

If you share the photos on Facebook I would be happy to share them there so more kiwis could try making their own.

Cheers
Philip

David Bell's profile picture

02 April 2020, 1:18 PM

Agree with Philip. Great idea. Thanks for the share.

02 April 2020, 5:13 PM

Kia ora Philip. Thanks. Ok you need to be more specific.

I do have a Face Book account but have never posted anything.

Olivia was happy about the kiwiconnexion share. I need to check about Face Book.

Look forward to hearing from you.  Lavinia.

Philip Garside's profile picture

02 April 2020, 6:32 PM

Hi Lavinia

If you don't use Facebook often yourself, then the simplest thing would be Olivia to post the photos on her Facebook page, if she wants to.

I'm posting a reflective photo each day on my company Facebook page at the moment, which you can see here: https://www.facebook.com/philipgarsidepublishing  I'm getting a good response to them.

Cheers
Philip

03 April 2020, 2:51 PM

Thanks. Enjoy your day. 

6 results