Sermon Collections for the Art of Preaching
If you want sermon resourcing, any and all are welcome to browse, read, comment, draw upon these sermons for personal use. They are all in the Creative Commons. Please acknowledge the source if you use them. Sermon collections by
How about sharing your sermons and worship resources?
Starting with your own Portfolio. Click Portfolio>create page
- You post each sermon into a separate page. You can add any associated prayers that you have personally composed to the page. Also if you composed a hymn and would like to share it add it in. Remember though we can't reproduce other folks compositions, so publish only what you write.
- Decide who to share your page with: if you are a member of Preaching Today share with at least this group, and Creative Spaces and the Public.
- When you have created two or more sermon pages you can easily make a collection. Your collection appears with whatever appropriate group(s) you shared with.
Don't be afraid to share comments at the bottom of pages. Your feedback to others is always welcome. You can also browse Creative Spaces>Resources for other kinds of resources.
Recent forum posts RSS
Learn how to craft sermons RSS
Summary points to use with each of the videos, plus PDF to view and download. Please don't add further entries to this journal.
A planning guide for worship leaders and preachers
- Understand the makeup of the congregation. Who are you communicating with?
- Consider the age range, cultures, gender balance,
- socio-economic groups, special needs. Do you have a target group in mind?
- Understand the variety of needs, why they have come. Some will be seeking help, some will be keen to learn, others are with you because of habit or expectation, others will want to give, etc.
- What will the service of worship and the sermon in particular offer them? Will it excite, motivate, meet expectations, reassure, provide new information, increase faith?