Learn how to craft sermons RSS
A planning guide for worship leaders and preachers
- Understand the makeup of the congregation. Who are you communicating with?
- Consider the age range, cultures, gender balance,
- socio-economic groups, special needs. Do you have a target group in mind?
- Understand the variety of needs, why they have come. Some will be seeking help, some will be keen to learn, others are with you because of habit or expectation, others will want to give, etc.
- What will the service of worship and the sermon in particular offer them? Will it excite, motivate, meet expectations, reassure, provide new information, increase faith?