Sermon Collections for the Art of Preaching
If you want sermon resourcing, any and all are welcome to browse, read, comment, draw upon these sermons for personal use. They are all in the Creative Commons. Please acknowledge the source if you use them. Sermon collections by
Want to share your sermons as Theological Sparks? Contact David Bell.
Spark sermons for Christmas and beyond
Recent forum posts RSS
Creative Commons license
Learn how to craft sermons RSS
A planning guide for worship leaders and preachers
- Understand the makeup of the congregation. Who are you communicating with?
- Consider the age range, cultures, gender balance,
- socio-economic groups, special needs. Do you have a target group in mind?
- Understand the variety of needs, why they have come. Some will be seeking help, some will be keen to learn, others are with you because of habit or expectation, others will want to give, etc.
- What will the service of worship and the sermon in particular offer them? Will it excite, motivate, meet expectations, reassure, provide new information, increase faith?